As tons of photographers prepare to invade Vegas for WPPI, we wanted to give all of you quick access to all Academy related things happening at the conference! WPPI is the premier industry event for photographers and filmmakers, with over 10,000 attendees every year. It’s a place to learn from industry leaders, build relationships with other people in your industry, meet vendors and scout out the best products for your business, and it’s a ton of FUN!
WPPI is kicking off on March 3rd and ends on March 10th, and there are so many great things going on during the week. Below are a few Academy related things you definitely don’t want to miss!
Justin & Mary’s Platform Class – Lighting on the Fly: How to Rock Your Flash FAST in 5 of the Trickiest Parts of the Wedding Day
- WHEN: Sunday March 6th, 3:00PM – 4:30PM
- WHERE: Room 313-316
- WHAT: “Show us the situation where the photographer intended to go all natural light & we’ll show you the situation where it all went wrong. We know because we’ve been there ourselves! When we hear from photographers, they always mention the same two worries about rocking flash at their weddings: 1) it takes too long & is too cumbersome to set up and 2) they aren’t sure how to nail their settings every time to get consistent results! In this hour and a half, fast paced & FUN presentation, Justin & Mary are going to show you their basic one light set up that ANYONE can use & feel confident in! If a fast, simple, authentic approach to lighting that creates timeless images for the generations to come is what you’re looking for…THIS is the class for you!
Showit Dinner – SOLD OUT
- WHEN: Sunday, March 6th at 6:30PM
- WHERE: Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan
- WHAT: Members of Showit are exclusively invited to this popular dinner. Tickets are already sold out, but we are hoping to see a lot of your familiar faces who have already signed up!
NEW CLASS RECORDING – SEO FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
- WHEN: Monday, March 7, 8:30-2:30PM approx
- WHERE: MGM Signature Suites (exact room TBA)
- WHAT: This is the opportunity to be part of the recording of one of the upcoming Academy classes: “SEO for Photographers” with SEO expert, Benjamin Turner. The cost is $50, and includes access to the online course when it is released!
EMAIL INFO@ONLINEPHOTOACADEMY.COM TO REGISTER >
Academy Student Meet-Up
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 8th at 12PM
- WHERE: The Rainforest Cafe, in the MGM Grand
- WHAT: We want to hang out with all of the Academy students who are going to WPPI! Take a break from classes and expos and come get to know your fellow classmates in person!
Matt Kennedy’s Photo Walk – Off-Camera Flash with Speedlites ONLY
- WHEN: Tuesday March 8th, 6:30PM – 8:00PM
- WHERE: TBA
- WHAT: Join us for an interactive learning experience where we focus on GUERILLA LIGHTING – How to get great Off-Camera Flash images almost anywhere, with just a speedlite. We’ll have an excellent couple to model, and you’ll get hands-on experience, with 1-on-1 time with Matt. ** Registration through the WPPI registration is needed.
Academy Info Meet-Up
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 8th at 2:30PM
- WHERE: MGM Signature – Exact location TBD
- WHAT: Open to everyone!! This is an opportunity to share, ask questions about anything photography, life with kids, and The Academy! Hope you can come hang out!!